Branded USB Drives; Top Brands
1. SanDisk Extreme Pro 3.0Sandisk provides fastest transmission speed among all the usb drives till now. SanDisk also allows password protection of files using software installed on the drive itself. The latest SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.0 has a reading speed of 260Mb/s and writing speed of 240Mb/s. Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage capacities.
2. Sony Micro Vault Mach USM-QXSony Micro Vault is one of the best USB drives on the market. It comes with preloaded Easylock software for better encryption, though it lacks a password protection feature. Reading speed 200MB/s, Writing speed 90MB/s. Available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage capacities.
3. LaCie RuggedKey 3.0Choose LaCie RuggedKey 3.0 if you need more durability. Apart from this it is heat, cold, dust and waterproof. Secure cloud backup of same capacity is another helpful feature. RuggedKey reads at 150MB/s and writes at 130MB/s. Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage capacities.
4. Edge DiskGOThe Edge DiskGo supports fast transfer of files. It can read up to 160MB/s and write at a maximum speed of 20MB/s. The USB includes security software inside the flash drive. Available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage capacities.
5. The Transcend JetFlash 780Transcend JetFlash 780 also gives you speed data transfer through usb 3.0. Maximum reading speed is 140MB/s and maximum writing speed is 40MB/s. A 256 AES encryption protects the files inside the usb. Available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB storage capacities.
Things to Know Before You Buy!There are a few points to consider before you buy a USB drive. We have shortlisted some key points that should keep in your mind.
Brand: Always buy branded USB drives. Products from well known brands gives you devices of higher performance and durability. Read the reviews and do a search before buy.
Size: Size depends on the files you are writing it to the usb drive. If you want to save large amount of data you probably need a 10 or 32 Giga bytes USB whereas for small quantity of files go for less storage capacity.
USB Generation : You must note the generation of the USB drive before buy. USB 2.0 and 3.0 are available now. The USB 3.0 provides 10 times faster file transfer than a USB 2.0.
Read/Write Speed: Check the speed of your desired usb on the internet. Faster the speed the better.
Other Features: Other features you need to consider are Design, Durability, File Encryption, Password Protection, Size, Water Proof etc. These features are up to the user, they can choose the one which they like.